Friday, June 8, 2012

Epcot and Papa's Birthday

Happy Birthday Papa. First, my sisters were always cute and had all their families matching every single day. That thought never even crossed my mind until the first day of Magic Kingdom and every family it seemd matched. My dad, the first day of our vacation said we should have all had matching t- shirts. Little did he know we had it all planned all along.  
On his birthday my hard working sister Jennie went and got donuts (that I was supposed to get but somehow didn't know I was supposed to get and I slept in) went to Walmart and got balloons and cake and wrapped the presents. I guess this is why she has 4  1/2 kids. I am just not that organized. We surprised Papa by bringing in the donuts and each grandkid colored a picture for him and we blew up the balloons and stuffed the kids picture in them. So he got to pop 9 balloons and get cards from the grandkids. He was wondering where everyone was that morning and why he couldn't leave his condo. It was fun and the kids loved helping him pop the balloons. Before we could have the cake and ruin our shirts we had to take pictures. The men weren't so excited to wear them around all day but we did get lots of compliments and we could always find everyone. Dave has even worn it since! It is a good running and mowing the lawn shirt.
First things first Siena was off to find more characters to take pictures with and fill up her signature book.

 In previous parks, we split up and mostly did our own family thing. We tried to stay together more in this park. Ben still didn't like getting his picture taken with characters.
 The Finding Nemo ride was too scary for Ben but watching the Turtle talk with Crush show afterwards was pretty cool. It's where the audience gets to interact with Crush from Finding Nemo. Our cousin Christina got to ask him a question. I don't know why going in the mouth of a shark didn't seem to scare him.
 Finally we were off to Papas birthday lunch. He wanted to go to Epcot for his birthday so we could enjoy some good food. We went to Italy and had really good food. He got to speak Italian to the servers so it was really fun. On the way over to Italy we got caught in a downpour. I had prepared and bought a double stroller rain cover and brought umbrellas. Unfortunately they were all in the car. I didn't know there was even a chance of rain that day. We had late lunch reservations at Via Napoli so we had to go out in it. So we would run 50 ft and then duck under some roof for a couple of minutes. Then run again and go in to a shop. Ben decided not to go in under the umbrella and enjoyed playing in puddles and getting rained on. Dave felt bad for him because we were going in to a nice air conditioned restaraunt and he was drenched so he bought him a new shirt. I say he did it to himself but Dave is nicer than me. So Dave went shopping to find this shirt and wanted to buy him an Italian soccer jersey, just like Dave, but it was $50 so he got a cheap t shirt. So now Ben really sticks out with his blue shirt and us all in our yellow ones. We now have deemed that shirt the unlucky shirt. Later that day I take Ben to the bathroom and he had to go so badly that he gets into the stall, he locks the door and he pees all over himself. He was just pacing back and forth in the stall telling me he had to go to the bathroom but not pulling his pants down to go. So I have the three kids with me and Ben is locked in the stall crying for me because he just pees all over himself and he won't unlock the door. He keeps crying my shirt is wet! my shirt is wet! A lady comes out of another stall and looks at me with sympathetic eyes and tells me she is sorry. She is just glad it isn't her! I wasn't about to buy Ben another shirt. I didn't tell the rest of the family the story but Ben for some reason made sure to tell everyone that he peed on his shirt. It was really funny. Then on the way home to VA he was wearing that shirt again and I look back and Ben has an awful bloody nose. There was blood everywhere and he was just siting there! Blood was all over his seat belt and chair and shirt. No more wearing that shirt! 
Back to Italy. Claire crawling around the square.
 Jennie again being the good mom and playing with the kids.
 Isn't this so cute...
 Ben, Nana and Siena put on a concert for us.

 Duffy. I don't ever remember Duffy. I think it is basically the character for Epcot? Just another signature in Siena's book.
It was so fun to be there with the whole family and to celebrate Papas birthday! Soarin was one of Siena's favorite rides. I am surprised with what Siena will ride sometimes. I was afraid she wasn't going to like it. I think she likes the rollercoaster type rides and she doesn't like being scared or frightening dark rides. Soarin is a ride where it simulates that you are flying over all the famous sights in California. So they raise you up in this big theatre and your feet dangle and they move your back and forth. They even made it smell like oranges at one point when you are flying through the orange groves. She jumped when it turned dark and we were up in the sky with the fireworks. It was a little startling. Epcot was more fun than I thought it was going to be.

No comments: