Monday, January 12, 2009

New favorite pastime

ring sling

new sling I made for myself..reversible!

warm grey fleece carseat cover

reversible purse, with pockets. (thanks Cheryl I used your fabric)

I get bored easily and have realized all the downtime I have spent just watching t.v. so I have found a new love of sewing. All the people around me know that Ben loves his sling. He lives in that thing. I have found a way to make them and I love it. I have even sold a couple! yeah! My mother in law has lots of fun patterns and I borrowed them for a while and have been experimenting. I have made a ring sling, a purse and a baby carseat cover. I love it. It has been so much fun and it's fun to see the end product. It's also a great escape from my children. I think I got so much done during the holidays because Dave was around and took care of the kids while I sewed. It's very theraputic for me. My neighbor and I want to set up a sewing afternoon once a week while the kids nap so we can get all our sewing stuff out and work on projects that aren't finished. I have so many of them. So I am really proud of the stuff I have made. I am all set for baby showers. So if you are having a baby and inviting me to your shower you may get a baby sling! or if you just want a sling let me know. (I know shameless plug)

9 comments:

Jennie Larsen said...

Look at you go! Those all look great! Keep up the great work...maybe more quiet books could be another project! Again...it was an easier Sunday because of ours! :)

Kris said...

Wow! Great job on all of your projects. We have a fleece carseat cover and LOVE it (we bought it online at Target.com though). It's great to find a hobbies to enjoy. Keep it up!

Kristol said...

Wow...your projects look great!

Horner Family said...

LOVE IT!! You are amazing Kristi! Time to help me!

Amy said...

goodness kristi those all look awesome. a girl at church saw that little cover i make and said i need to market it, now we really need to get on it with all your craftiness. cousin mardi told me about a website called etsy, so i am looking into it but seriously nice work!! i wish i lived by you to learn all these new skills of yours

Wendi said...

Very impressive!! If I ever get pregnant again....

Sarah said...

Those are all great! Now I know who to come to when I need sewing help...

Jenny said...

Very nice! I've been enjoying sewing too. It's nice to shut myself in my sewing room and not have to deal with the chaos for awhile. :) The sewing project I've been enjoying most is designing aprons. I'm thinking about starting an etsy shop...

Ferndale said...

Good for you! Cute fabrics too!