Monday, September 3, 2012

Mancathlon

The men decided that they wanted to start their 'man day' with a man-cathlon. I think it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. They each came up with an event that all the men had to participate in. They got points for each event and then the winner would get to choose the restaurant and all the other men would pay for him. It was quite the show. The kids weren't too excited at first when we pulled them out of the pool to watch but by the end they were begging us for a kid-athlon.
Siena and Paige find a shady deck to watch the games.
 First Event: Ball toss. They had to toss a football through this floatie.
 Then they went three stories up and tried to get the football through the same floatie. I don't think Dave got any through.
 Second Event: Knockout. Basically you shoot the basketball and the person behind you shoots the basketball right after and the person behind you tries to get the basketball in the net before you get yours in. I think Dave won this event. It probably was his suggestion too.

 Third Event: I think this was the kids favorite. Donut push up contest. Duck Donuts are the best donuts EVER! Each man got a donut and had to do push ups to eat it. It was so funny.

 After Kevin one his son Kyle gets in on all the crumbs.
 Fourth Event: Belly flop contest. I don't have any pictures of Dave doing this. Bryon was too funny and the women were the judges so I guess I was busy doing other things. Bryon won just on style. He ripped open his button down shirt before belly flopping into the water.


 The last and final event: Run to the beach from our house in flip flops. We wanted them to run with floaties down the street but they wouldn't do it. It was really funny watching these guys run down the street, hitting each other with towels and trying not to lose their shoes. I guess a neighbor saw them and later asked if they were all college buddies on a reunion. No they are just this crazy all the time.

 I think Dave ended up winning this event too but I think there may have been some cheating going on.
 The men of Mancathlon...

1 comment: