Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back to School dinner

I saw this a couple years ago on a blog and loved it. We now have had our second back to school dinner. It is so much fun. We do a little school decorations and the kids choose the food and we have a good time before school starts the next day. Siena and Ben love macaroni grill so we had Macaroni Grill at home. Pizza and Pasta
We made a table runner of old workbook pages the kids have done. Then each kid had a place mat of two worksheet pages they could do while they waited for dinner. We had a pencil jar with thoughts for school. The papers said I will be a good friend, a good example, a good listener and I will try new things. They each came up with 2 things that they would do this year at school. Ben said he would be a good listener and a good helper. Siena said she would be a good friend and a good helper.  
Siena loves school and loves the worksheets and reading. I don't worry about her at school and about listening and obeying. I was trying to reinforce things with Ben. I need him to remember that he needs to listen and obey and to do the things the teacher asks him to do. He is a preschool class with lots of his friends and I am worried that he will be too crazy with all his little boy friends.  
 I had to make these chunky Rolo pencils. The first actual "success" from Pinterest.  They were so stinkin cute. The kids loved them! Rolos, a hershey kiss, tinfoil and different color paper to cover the Rolo wrappers.

 waiting patiently to eat their 'pencils'

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What a cute idea! I'll have to remember this a couple years from now...