Thursday, September 6, 2012

1st Grade

Siena is off to First grade. She is so excited. She is in Mrs. Erbe class. We haven't figured out how to say her name but Siena said it was like Herb. We will see next week at Back to School night. Siena loves her already. When we were all waiting in  the cafeteria I asked if she wanted us to walk her to her class she said no. She wasn't nervous or anything. We missed the meet your teacher day as we were at the beach. So she went off with all the first graders and found her class. We did follow behind her a little ways just to make sure. Mrs. Erbe is really young and Siena came home with lots of fun things already. The first day she came home with sunglasses and a new reading book. The second day she came back and told me that this day was even better than the first. Mrs. Erbe had played Disney music during class time and they did art. It is so funny to me what makes her day fun.
Apparently a lot of parents come in and have lunch with their kids. I never did this because I didn't want to trudge all my kids in there and make a scene. Dave did it once last year and he said Siena didn't seem to happy about it. I asked her if she wanted me to ever come in to have lunch with her and she said no. Awesome... I already embarrass her.
 So life is good in the first grade.

first two pictures courtesy of Ben.
walking to school.
 lining up in the cafeteria waiting for school. Her school starts so late. 9:05. Ben starts preschool before Siena starts elementary school.
 I was so happy that we convinced Siena to get a new backpack that wasn't a character.

No comments: