Saturday, September 22, 2012

A fun weekend- Friday

Dave had his big RAGNAR race that he has been training for this weekend. He left at 5 in the morning on Friday and came back Saturday at 7pm. He had fun and took lots of fun pictures. I tried to do some new fun things with the kids while he was away.
I told the kids that dad was camping out Friday and they wanted to camp too. I wasn't too sure about it so at 7 at night we went in to the back yard and got blankets and our pajamas on and candy and books and had a fun family book night. We were out there for almost 2 hours. We had a lot of fun. The temperature was perfect. We could snuggle up under the blankets. It helped that we had candy corn to snack on. We read books until it was too dark then got our flashlights out or looked for stars. Surprisingly we could see some stars. The kids loved it. I just thought it would be too cold to sleep out there and they were way hyper from the candy corn so there was no way that they were going to go to bed anytime soon. It was a fun alternative to our family movie night. I would almost prefer this instead of family movie night. I loved hearing Siena read books to us all.



1 comment:

Sharon said...

What a fun weekend! I wish we had a yard to do fun things like that.