Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pool time













It is so hot here. It is 7:30 at night right now and it is still in the high 90's with humidity so it feels like the 100's. It is awful. Siena and Ben have had swim lessons for the first time and they love it. There have been 2 days that they didn't like but they have come to like it again and that makes me happy. They are learning a lot. I am a little slow at putting them in swim lessons as this is Siena's first year but she is learning quickly and I hope she will be a good swimmer and love it. I have learned here that swim team is a big thing and kind of serious. I don't know if we will get into it but I hope that Siena and Ben will learn how to swim. They have learned how to blow bubbles, jump in unassisted and put their head under water and kick. They also play this alligator game where they chase the other kids around the pool. They love it. The teacher at this pool is so good with the kids. He is just really silly with them.







Also we hit up Great Waves waterpark. Last year we were season pass holders but this year I didn't do it with Claire being so young, I didn't know how often we would actually get there. We went there this past week and had so much fun. The kids practiced all their swim lesson skills and they went down the two waterslides all by themselves. It was wonderful. I didn't even have to catch them at the bottom! I sat on my chair and nursed Claire while they played. They even attempted the wave pool and were brave and went out further in the tubes. It's so exciting that they love the pool. It makes me very happy. Claire was pretty good the whole time we were there. I just worry that she is too hot just sitting in the stroller. She doesn't really take water from a bottle and she can't wear sunscreen yet so I have to keep cooling her off in pool and then put her back in the stroller. She has been really good all the times we have been at the pool.

No comments: