Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pohick Bay

Ben digging for gold

the girls swimming











We love Pohick bay so much. We had a fun playdate there with some friends the other day. There were a lot of little girls and they had so much fun playing together. As usual Ben was a little outnumbered but he had a good time playing with the girls. The kids were really brave. Siena was in the big pool most of the time. Sometimes with her life jacket on sometimes not. The big pool is 3 feet where she plays so it is safe. She has started putting her head under water a little bit and not being so scared about it. She still is too scared to go down the tunnel slide. Maybe next year. Siena was excited to use her allowance to buy a popscicle there. We haven't heard the ice cream man in our new neighborhood and that all she wants to buy with her allowance is ice cream. It was a fun day and Claire was really good. She was out in the sun/pool with me for 5 minutes then she sat in the stroller for the rest of the day. Ben still enjoys the kiddie pool and sandbox over the big pool but is getting stronger in the big pool. Especially if everyone else is in there. We are starting swim lessons next week so I am excited for that. Ben has a little mean streak in him lately and I was 50 feet away from him in the pool when he started this fight with another boy over a water gun. I don't know where the other mom was and I don't know if Ben started it (he probably did) but he was really mean pushing the kid all around. I thought he was going to push the kid into the water. I have no idea how to deal with it. He will take a time out but it doesn't seem to translate in to making him stop fighting people. I know it has to do with super heros but I don't know how to stop it. It seems like everywhere we go he is pushing people. It was a fun day overall and Ben fell asleep in the car before I even pulled out of the parking lot. That means it was a success!

No comments: