Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pohick Bay and Sprinkler parks




Friday Siena woke up at 8 am in her swimsuit and was ready to go swimming. I needed to get out of the house or she was going to drive me crazy by asking me to go swimming all day. So we were off to the sprinkler park. There are two fun ones in Arlington. We drove over there and she played on the swings for 2 hours. I am so glad I drove to a park so she could play on swings. It was a little frustrating. She said she didn't want to go in because the water was too cold but I think it was the millions of kids there. It was way too full I guess everyone needed to get out of their house. Then Saturday Dave decided to go golfing for the day so I knew I couldn't stay in all day so we decided to go to a little water park.To my surprise it was buy one get one free admissions day! (score for me!) We tried going last year and Siena stayed pretty close to me the whole time and Ben was really little and slept the whole time. This year Siena loved it! They have this little 1 ft. pool with fish painted at the bottom and they have a little kid slide. Siena even made new friends with some other kids there. Ben hated the water and sat on my lap most of the time by the side of the pool. There is also a pirate themed treasure hunt sand box and Ben loved that but hated getting cleaned up afterwards. It was a really good day and a complete turn around from the previous day where Siena was scared of the water. I was glad she had so much fun at the water park. We need to go back with Dave because there was a big pool with slides but I didn't dare go there with both kids by myself.


1 comment:

Holly and Eric said...

That water park looks fun, which one is it? I've been meaning to take Owen to one, he LOVES the water!