Sunday, June 21, 2009

5k


With the purchase of the double jogging stroller I have started running with the kids. It has been a good stress reliever and I am learning to like it. It feels good afterwards. My friend Marcy and I decided to actually do something with all the running we are doing. Saturday we ran a 5k. We got to do it without the kids which was much easier. When I go running with them it is like pushing 50 extra pounds so it was easier but I still hadn't run 3.2 miles with them ever. So I am a little sore today. Not as sore as I thought I would be though. So there was a festival in Alexandria and they had a 5k run for it. It was early in the morning and we were doubltful that the husbands would show up with the kids...but they came and everyone was dressed and happy. Siena didn't really know what was going on. The first thing she did when she saw me after the finish line was say she was tired. I guess it was too early for her. I thought it was funny that she was tired. I was exhausted. So right when we were waiting at the starting line it started to pour rain. It actually felt nice but I felt bad for all the people standing around watching. They were good for staying there. Marcy is a better runner than me but she helped push me along and I am happy to report that we ran/jogged the whole way! There were obviously all sorts of people there. There were good runners and there were middle age women that had little dogs and actual dog carriers like a baby carrier. We knew we could beat them and that was our only goal. It felt good to run and accomplish a run but I think I need a little rest before my next one.

4 comments:

Jennie Larsen said...

Most impressive! Last time I ran a 5k...I was single...still in college...ya; it's been a while! I'm so proud of you! keep it up! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to Kristi! I am proud of you for running and proud of Dave and the kids showing up for the finish line! Keep up the good work!

Love,Mom

Nicole B said...

Wow Kristi! That is so awesome. I get tired just THINKING about running. Way to go!!!
Nicole

Kelly said...

Wow, that's awesome! Hey, when you're ready to do a 10K, come to Boulder for Memorial Day and we can do the Bolder Boulder together! Then the boys can BBQ for us....