Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dumpster Diving!



I love good finds. The other night we were out taking a walk and my neighbor was taking out this running stroller to put in his trash. It was in great condition. They said they were throwing it away because it was dirty. How lame is that! Of course I took it. He came back out a couple minutes later to bring more stuff out and he saw that it was gone, so I am a little embarrased but it is in great shape. The whole fabric part snaps off and I ran it through the washer and it looks like new. Now I need to actually use it. I am trying to figure out how to do that with 2 kids and one stroller. I think I may wait till Dave comes home and run in the early evenings. We will see how it works out. It's just a great find! I was so proud of myself and I told Dave that I was saving us money as he was so embarrased by the whole thing. He, being the dollar sense man, said that I really wasn't because we wouldn't have bought one ever it is just another thing we don't need. We do have a lot of things from my dumpster diving. Almost everything in the back yard like Siena's toys are second hand freebies! People around here throw away the greatest things! I just think of it as having good karma!

No comments: