Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ben is eating poop!

CAUTION!!!! I know this is disgusting.
So we were running some errands late afternoon and I could tell that Ben had pooped but he was asleep so obviously it didn't bother him that badly. After the last errand on the way home it smells TERRIBLE in my car and I ask if Siena had pooped too. She hadn't. Ben and Siena are right next to eachother in the car and Siena says Ben is eating poop! I tell her no he isn't it's ok. Leave him alone. Finally after an intoxicating ride home I check his car seat and find him covered in poop. It was so gross. He has never had a blowout. This was the worst one ever! We took a good long bath and cleaned him up really good. I don't know if he really ate any of it but he was covered on his face and hand... so gross. We will see if he is sick tomorrow. It's kind of funny because Dave asked yesterday if he had been having any runny poop because he is teething and I had said no. Now he has. Lesson learned, change a poopy diaper right away.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah, it's always when you think they're asleep that the lovely poop stories develop. One afternoon, Jon was napping, or so I thought (he was not quite a year old), woke up all poopy, and proceeded to play with it. When I found him, his crib, his wall, his face, was all smeared in poop.

I love being a mom, but oh, there are days....

Sarah said...

I'm sure there are some health benefits to eating poop. I mean, it's just eating your food the second time around, right? I never knew poop could be such a big part of my life until I had kids.

Wendi said...

I would probably have done just what you did in that situation-what could you have done away from home anyway? Hope your car gets over the smell-not like the Seinfelt episode where he sold te stinky car...

I agree with Sarah-poop is such a big part of a mother's life-not the nicest thing, but inevitable when your kids have to eat!!