Thursday, November 15, 2012

Siena is growing up

Siena surprises me in a lot of ways. Sometimes I think she is so small and love that she still loves her princesses. I think she should be past that stage. Then sometimes she takes charge and gets breakfast ready for Ben and Claire and helps them with things that they need. She reads them a book that they want or she helps Ben with his writing. It seems like I never know what I am going to get out of her. I think I need to just give her more credit and allow her to do more things because she really is big and good at taking charge of things. One Saturday everyone wanted mac n cheese so she got all the stuff and prepared it. She didn't even need a lot of help. I was a little nervous having her around the stove but she did just fine. She is getting really confident and big.
 Siena can be really shy. If she doesn't want to talk about something. She won't. She will just go to bed, go to another room... whatever she has to do to ignore the situation. It makes me a little nervous for her teenage years.
The day after our wards trunk o treat I notice Siena has lost a tooth. I was so surprised. I didn't know it was that loose and she hadn't complained about it at all. I don't know when she actually lost it but that was the first time I noticed. I asked her about it and she got all shy. She wouldn't show me her tooth or her smile or that the tooth was gone. I figured she was embarrased about it so I just let it be. I was really sad that I didn't get to see it because she wouldn't tell me where it was. Then a couple days ago she lost the second bottom tooth. I only noticed because there were tissues all over her room with blood on them. Poor girl had been wiggling it loose at night. So that night I looked for the tooth because again she wouldn't tell me where it was. I talked about how she was getting to be a big girl with big girl teeth and how she would get money when she lost her teeth. She seemed to perk up a little bit but still wouldn't tell me about the tooth. I went downstairs and made this pillow for her. I put it up in her room when she was asleep. I didn't tell her about the tooth fairy I just told her it was from us. She got a dollar for both her teeth. I don't know what the going rate is for first teeth. Yesterday she woke up and didn't say anything about the pillow but she was happy. Dave mentioned that Siena didn't say anything to him about any of this. I guess she was either embarrased about it, or maybe just scared. I can't tell. So today, I go up to her room to find the pillow and it is in the bottom of her nightstand drawer. The pillow is face down with the money still in it and the two little tiny baby teeth!!!!!! she kept them! she had them all along! I don't know where she had stashed them. So now they are nice and safe in her pillow. I am so glad she has the pillow to keep them safe in. She is such a funny duck. I am so happy that I got to see them. Now I really don't know what to do with them. Can she just keep them in the pillow forever?

 I had to bribe her, but I got a picture of the bottom front teeth missing!

No comments: