Thursday, May 31, 2012

Animal Kingdom

Tuesday morning we were off to Animal Kingdom. I wasn't sure what to expect. I think this was the hottest day and we had pushed our kids all the previous day so we were all really tired. We didn't last the whole day there. We needed a break late afternoon and went back to the pool.
We heard the shows and the Safari ride were the important things to do there. We hopped on the Safari first. It was really fun. It was a huge SUV where they drive you really close to the animals. It was really bumpy as we were going right through where the animals lived.




 this is not zoomed. We could have reached out and touched the Giraffes. They were so close. They crossed right behind our SUV.

 Isn't that tree beautiful? They have a huge tree in the middle of the park called the Tree of Life. It's supposed to be the tree from the Lion King where the monkey lives.



 Ostrich eggs. they were huge!
 The Meerkats were funny.
 And of course... more characters to see. I was impressed with how motivated Siena was too get a picture with the characters. Here she is with her new best friend, cousin Ella.
 When my sister walked in to the park in the morning some lady stopped her and gave her VIP passes to the Lion King show. It was an awesome show. So we got front row seats to it. My kids were even picked to dance with the characters but they wouldn't go up. Sometimes they are such bums.
 It was so good. They had these amazing acrobats as the monkeys.
 We found this big Dinosaur play area and I think that was Ben's favorite part. He would have stayed in there forever.

We ended the afternoon with a Finding Nemo show. It was really good too. I was way impressed with the shows. The characters were really good. I think it's funny to think that people do that as their careers. We walked out of the show afterwards and Claire's diaper exploded  and it was all over me!  She has never had a blowout that big. It was awful. It was a good thing we were going home. I went and cleaned us up. I really didn't want an animal kingdom shirt so I cleaned up as best I could and we called it a day. I think we had basically hit everything we wanted to do there anyway.

No comments: