Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I feel like we are pretty boring lately. We haven't been on any fun outing lately. Claire joined in the fun coloring her first picture with the older kids. She was pretty good and didn't even try to eat the crayons.

Grandma came and visited us this past weekend and gave us 2 easy piano books. I could even figure out how to teach Siena how to play piano...that is how easy they are. She loves them. She has already had a couple lessons (by me) and loves playing the new songs.
 It is teacher appreciation week at school. They had a big luncheon for the teacher and everyone brought something. At our house we love edible arrangements. We got one when Claire was born from our neighbors and it was delicious and the kids gobbled it right up. I guess it's more fun to eat fruit on a stick. I didn't want to pay the crazy price so I tried making my own. Super easy. I realize now standing back looking at the picture that I should have made it a lot fuller  but I was rushed and Ben and Claire were destroying the house as I made it. The bad thing was I had to make it hours before the luncheon so I was juggling kids while trying to make it. It was fun and crazy cheap. It was probably about $20. with everything. strawberries, canteloup, grapes, pineapple and rasberries at the bottom to fill in the pot. Siena and Ben happily decorated the pot with their handprints!
 Claire destroying the kitchen as I worked. She is just starting to discover the drawers open.

No comments: