Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I have it in writing

Sometimes Siena comes up with irrational fears. I guess it is somewhat normal but it is frustrating to me. She is my stubborn kid and she remembers everything. So if she gets in her head that she is scared of something we usually cannot persuade her otherwise. I was so happy she came home with this from school today. She came up with all of them on her own. We will see how commited she is. We have been trying to get her to try new things. She has to try it atleast once and then she can decide if she doesn't like it she doesn't have to do it again.


I will try to go under water. She has done this so maybe she just forgot.
I will try to do the monkey bars when they are slippery. (Maybe not the best goal but she loves the monkey bars)  I will try To do the blue slide at Pohick Bay. We have been trying to get her to do this for 2 summers now. I know she would love it if she just tried. It's a tunnel slide that is like 15 feet long and she is scared of the dark. I can't go down with her but I can catch her at the bottom. I have bribed her with candy... ice cream... nothing works. We will see if she does it this summer.
I will try Catch a butterfly and read chapter books.
Thank you school. Thank you for encouraging her to do new things and hopefully she will realize that it is fun to do new things.

2 comments:

Michelle Earnest said...

I love her drawings of her "I will try"s.

Drew and Edith said...

cute!!! i thought ileanna was the only one with these irrational fears. i think i'll copy the "i will try" technique and have ileanna come up with some . . .