Sunday, September 5, 2010

moving day

the staging area for our outer banks trip.





poor Ben. He was exhausted.



we had so many people come and help us move. It was amazing! It was Daves birthday so I bought him a house. Nothing says 33 like a new house. Everything went so smoothly. We had our walk through at 9:30 and then our closing at 11:30. By 1 o clock we had the truck and were ready to move in. We took the truck to the house that we had been staying in for the summer and packed everything up. Dave took it to our first storage unit and packed everything out of that one and took it to the new house. I sat and cleaned the house that we were staying at out. It was so nice not to have to worry about our kids that day. They had a great time with friends and were so excited to go to their new home later that day. Dave and I met back at the new house and then he met up with some friends at the second storage unit that we had and they packed that all up while I went and got dinner for everyone. It was perfect timing all the boys arrived and I arrived at the same time at the new house and they started to unpack the truck. It was crazy fast. Every time I turned around there was a new guy unpacking the truck. It was amazing. We got it done so fast. We had some pizza and a birthday cake to celebrate the big day. It was a really long day and the whole next day Dave and I just sat around in the house not knowing where to begin. It is so overwhelming to see all these boxes and empty space. The kids loved showing everyone their rooms and the backyard and basement where they found all their old toys. Later that night we found the train table box and Ben about had a heart attack when I dumped out all his trains. The poor boy had been staying in a house with all girl toys for the past 3 months. He is in heaven. It's hard to keep track of the kids because they are all over the house exploring new places. So I really should unpack but I have no motivation for it. My kitchen is done and that is what is important I guess.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm so glad it all worked out so quickly! Have fun going through all the boxes -- that is what makes me want to throw everything away when I move.

For my birthday, we got to move out of our apartment. We had to be out by 8am, so we already had most things out before then, but I must say it'd be more fun to get to move into a new house rather than be required to be out of your old one on your birthday. :)

Sharon said...

Oh, and Happy Anniversary! :)

Ashlie Elmer said...

congrats! moving into a new home is always exciting and overwhelming! enjoy it!!!