Tuesday, September 28, 2010

feeling crafty











I have nothing unpacked still, except the kitchen, family necessities, the kids and my craft things eventhough it is no where near organized. I have no energy eventhough I am feeling a lot better. We have been in a lot of stores lately and have noticed the Halloween and even Christmas decorations. Christmas decorations are a little ridiculous this early but whatever. I love Halloween. We are working on the kids costumes and I think we have everything we need. We went to Party City yesterday and Jessie the cowgirl costume was sold out already. That seems a little crazy to me. Lucky for us it's a pretty easy costume to put together. So we found some of our Halloween decorations and I remember one from my childhood that I wanted to recreate with Siena. She loved it. We spent all of $3 on it. When I was little we had this wooden tree that folded out and had holes in it to put dum dum suckers in. We put white napkins and a bow around them and had a Halloween ghost tree. I didn't have the whole stand so that was the part that we had to get creative with. The residents before us left us tons of little plastic flower pots. I covered mine in Halloween fabric that I had, Siena painted her pot and we found dead branches around the yard. We have a ton here. We filled them with dirt and put the branches in. Then we wrapped our dum dum suckers in white napkins and tied with a bow. Some of the ghosts are flying upside down because I realized they are a little top heavy but that adds character we will say. We found some other Halloween decor too, spider webs and skeletons that we added to it too. I think they are way cute and Siena loved it. I told her we could do this when we put Ben down for some quiet time and she was asking all morning if Ben was ready for quiet time so we could do our craft. It was fun. Thanks mom for the fun craft, someday we may make a wooden tree.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

What fun festive decorations! We need to get working on those ourselves.

Jennie Larsen said...

nice work! way to decorate before worrying about other boxes! keep up the great work!!!! and take time to rest, too...you deserve it!

Michelle Earnest said...

I remember making the same tree when I was little. Way to be crafty Kristi!

Kris said...

I'm so impressed that you are always doing crafts. I need to start doing more with Brielle, but she's still a little too young to have the attention span. Cute tree!