Sunday, March 7, 2010

My big 4 year old!

my tiny baby in the dress she came home in, the same dress I came home in.
my big 4 year old!








so good at sharing her presents.




so proud!

Siena is 4 years old. I can't believe it. She loves being four and thinks she is a big girl now not a little girl. Saturday was her birthday and it was a beautiful day, perfect for a party. Friday we went shopping at Toys r us looking for the perfect bike for a four year old. She was happy with any which one and would tell me she liked this one until I pointed out a different one so she was making it hard. My concern was that I didn't want to get a princess one and have her outgrow it in 6 months or not want to ride it anymore because it was a princess bike. I couldn't find any bikes that weren't character bikes. It was kind of frustrating. I remembered that there was a bike store around and we went there. I found the cutest bike and I got someone to tell me all about the bike and fit her correctly for things. It is just pink and teal, which she was very excited about and it has butterflies on it and a backpack up front. She loves it and hopefully she won't outgrow it for a while! So daddy went and picked up the bike at night so it could be a surprise when she came down the stairs in the morning. Sometimes she wakes up early in the morning and goes downstairs and just sits on the couch until the rest of us come down and find her awake. I was worried that she would on her birthday and find and open all her presents before we came down. She didn't, she actually slept in and was the last one awake. She was pleasantly surprised when she came downstairs and found the bike and other presents. When we went out to go ride the bike she asked where her helmet was. Dave thought maybe she didn't need one but we had talked about one when we were at the store looking for bikes the day before. She was sure she had to have a helmet good girl.She got tons of princess books I found on freecycle. She got a princess kite. I am not really sure why she wanted one but that was one of the presents she repeatedely asked for. From Grandma she got books and a beautiful dress, she loves it and from Nana and Papa she got some more princesses . We now have every princess ever made and a prince to keep them company. Thank you for the gifts. She was so happy opening all of them. Ben was a little jealous and wanted to get in on the action. So we went outside and tried riding her bike. She had issues trying to push the pedals forward always braking but we are working on it. She found a spot on our front patio that is really uneven so the training wheels are the only part that are on the ground so she can pedal really fast, so it is like her own little spinning class where she can pedal but won't go anywhere. She thought it was really funny. After we tried out the new bike we went to daddy's basketball game. It's always fun to go and play with all the friends there. Ben gets frustrated that he can't go out and play basketball with the big daddys. Her choice of a special lunch was McDonalds. So we went there for lunch and had a little picnic here at home with it. She was so excited about her cake later in the day. We made it to per her instructions, purple and pink. It looked like an easter egg exploded but it was cute. We made it to Toys R Us again and got the crown and Geoffery balloon. This is really exciting for my kids. They announced her birthday over the speaker and because it was a Saturday it was crazy busy there so everyone wished her a happy birthday. She loved it. We picked out a Dora helmet that came with a bike bell, it's way cute. Then later we had our good friends Kennedy over and ordered pizza for dinner and ate cake. I think it was a perfect day for a four year old. She loves playing with her princesses and prince and I have to go do laundry so she can wear her birthday dress again. I have a feeling she will wear it every day if I let her. It was such a beautiful day and I am glad we could spend it all together with her. Last week at church the primary kids sang happy birthday to her and gave her her own Book of Mormon. I had no idea she would be so happy with it. She loves it! She carries it around with her and shows me all the pictures. It's really cute and I am glad she is so happy with it. We love her so much and can't imagine life without our crazy big girl!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Siena!