Monday, November 28, 2011

I love our yard. I love that the kids can go and run free. I love that I can see them from inside. We finally had to go out and rake the leaves up. There were way too many. We don't actually have that many trees in our yard, but we have a whole bunch on the other side of the fence between our yard and another backyard. So when the wind blows, we get all the leaves. Dave and I spent hours raking the leaves. Dave actually mowed all of the ones on the grass up and it still took hours. I enjoyed it at first but then got really sore by the end of it. The next 2 days I was sore from all the work. It is so sad, I know. It looked really nice for all of 24 hours and then it was covered in leaves again. We made a big pile under the swings and the kids swung thru them. Atleast they are pretty. In the last year we have seen deer, fox, a turtle, snakes and rabbits in our yard. Some of these animals are a lot more fun than others to find in our yard. A mommy deer and her baby. They sat and stared at us for a long time. I don't know why I couldn't take a decent picture of it.





1 comment:

Drew and Edith said...

i know what you mean!!! we have 4 trees in our yard and the leaves are insane! i think the previous owners felt sorry for us and he gave us his leaf blower/vacuum. either that or he's trying to tell us to get it together and clean the yard! happy raking!