Thursday, November 5, 2009

things to do during nap time!


make a princess castle out of an old Huggies diaper box. We have plenty of them sitting around the house. It even has carpet and a dance floor inside. Also heart widows on the side, windows that open and close and a drawbridge door. She likes it so I am happy. We will see how long it lasts. They got all the dinosaurs out and started attacking it. Ben was the brave night that fought them off.


Our ice cream family night chart died so here is a new one.


Siena learning to ice cookies. It was a big mess, but yummy.
Ben after he enjoyed the cookies.

Our Halloween spider web cookies. The frosting is really good. Mine was too runny but still tasted good and I didn't have black food coloring. Here is the link if you want to try. lots of sugar!


I love my free time. Siena doesn't always take a long nap/quiet time but I love the time I have to myself. I have become addicted to blogs especially craft blogs. There are so many crafty people out there. I am also cheap and am always saying I could make something like that, why would I spend money on it. So I have tried a few things lately.

4 comments:

Jennie Larsen said...

More great ideas! the castle looks awesome! And the spider web cookies are so cool, too! Way to make life fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your creativity! And your cute kids!

Daniel Stone said...

Kristi, you are so good at finding fun things for you and your kids to do! I love Siena's dress in the last post, too. I just got a sewing machine, so next time post where you got the pattern if you got it online! :)

Horner Family said...

What a cute idea...love the Princess castle! Kaylee and I enjoyed looking over your blog today. We are missing you guys lots! Kaylee was Tinkerbell for Halloween this year...I think it's cute the Siena and Kaylee switched costumes this year. Kaylee was Cinderella last year. We need to do web-cam soon!
kaylee...Kaylee wanted to pluck out her name!