Saturday, September 6, 2008

Five years down...Eternity to go!


Reception at Thanksgiving Point
(see how young Dave looks without facial hair!)
He shaved it for our wedding and then it's been there ever since


My mission homecoming where we re met

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO DAVE AND ME!
We were married five years ago today in the Mount Timpanogas temple. It was a perfect day, wonderful weather and an awesome reception. I can't believe it's been five years. So much has happened. We moved cross country, bought a home and had two kids. What else do we have to do!? Life is really good and we are enjoying everything we are blessed with. I love you Dave! Thanks for putting up with your crazy wife!

For posterity's sake here's our info:
1998: Right after my high school graduation my family moved to Hershey PA where Daves family lived. He was on his mission and then went off to school. We hadn't met by then.
1998 Christmas time we both came home from college to Hershey PA. We met eachother then but now we recall different ways in how we met.

Lots of time passed...

Dec 2002: I came home from my mission and roomed with my sister who went to BYU and she saw Dave up on campus and invited him to my mission homecoming. He said he kind of remembered me and of course there was free food so he said he would come.

He called a few weeks later and I wasn't home and never returned his message so time just kept going by...

End of Feb 2003: He finally calls again and we start dating

June 1 2003: He proposed
Then left for the summer to work out here in D.C.

Septeber 6 2003: Married in Mount Timpanogas Temple. Wedding reception at Thanksgiving Point.

Off to Jamaica!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

May I add to your timeline? Somewhere between Feb and June 2003, Dave and Kristi come to Colorado (in a horrible snowstorm, I might add) to get a weekend away. It is their willingness to drive in that icky weather just to hang out with Jon and me and our loud and crazy children that makes me think, "hmmmm, I think Dave just might marry this one."

So happy anniversary! We're so happy to have you in the family! Love you guys!

Kristol said...

Pretty wedding picture! I didn't know you went on a mission...where did you go? Happy Anniversary, hope you had a great day.